Young Creatives Awards 2016
WHO MAY ENTER?
- Any young creative person that enthusiastically engages with art-making processes and design thinking.
- Participants must be between 17 and 21 of age on the date of submitting their artworks online.
- Please note that current CTCA students are not allowed to enter this competition.
- Simply follow the 7 steps set out under Submission Process below.
AWARDS & PRIZES
Award name: The CTCA Young Creatives 2016
- First prize: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R25 000-00 will be awarded to an exceptional entry in any of the following categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia for Grade 12 learners.
- Runner-up: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R20 000-00 will be awarded to the runner-up that has entered any of the categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia for Grade 12 learners.
- Third prize: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R15 000-00 will be awarded to the third best entrant in any of the categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia for Grade 12 learners.
Award name: The CTCA Young Creatives Post-Matric 2016
[An entrant must be under the age of 21 on the day of submitting his/her artwork.]
- Prize: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R20 000-00 will be awarded to an exceptional entry in any of the categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia.
Award name: Public Vote Awards
- Prizes: One R1000-00 cash prize will be awarded to the winner in each of the following categories:
- Visual Arts Grade 11
- Design Grade 11
- Multimedia Grade 11
- Visual Arts Grade 12
- Design Grade 12
- Multimedia Grade 12
RULES FOR ENTERING
- All artworks submitted must be the entrant’s own original work. A maximum of 5 artworks may be entered.
- All entries are subject to a selection process and the CTCA has the right to decline any artworks that condone hate speech and propaganda of violence against race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- It is at the sole discretion of the CTCA to decide in which categories the Study Bursary prizes will be awarded.
- Prizes will be awarded to individuals that show exceptional artistic talent and creative potential.
- Artworks must be uploaded by 26 July 2016 at 17:00. Artworks submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
- Once your artworks have been submitted, you will not be able to modify them whatsoever.
- Your artworks will be published on the CTCA website and/or social media platforms, and might also be shown during specific exhibitions.
- In the event of a draw in the Public Vote category, the winner will be determined at the sole discretion of the CTCA.
- Plagiarised, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- The CTCA’s decision on all matters pertaining to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Works are judged individually based on concept, use of material, quality of craftsmanship and skill demonstrated.
- Winners will be notified via email and sms and their names will also be displayed on the website www.ctca.co.za.
- No royalties will be paid in the framework of this competition.
- Awards may not be exchanged for cash.
- Study bursaries are only valid for the year 2017.
- Study bursaries/awards are not transferable.
- In order to be considered for a study bursary you need to enter 5 artworks.
- A shortlist of deserving entries for winning a study bursary will be compiled and published on the CTCA website on 12 August at noon. These entrants must meet the selection requirements for study at the CTCA. The shortlisted entrants must be available between 15 & 16 August for Skype/telephonic/personal interviews.
- Winners will be announced on the CTCA website on 19 August at noon.
- Visual Arts (sculptural works, ceramics items, textile projects, photographs, drawings, illustrations, paintings)
- Design (product design, packaging design, corporate identity)
- Multimedia (2D /3D/stop-motion animation projects, videos and digital designs)
- Create an account by clicking on ‘Register’ either in the top header of the site or the ‘Young Creatives’ drop down menu.
- Fill out all the required fields. Make sure you supply valid contact details in order to be eligible.
- Digitise your artwork. The artwork must be well photographed or scanned to reflect the technical skill and professional execution. For best display results ensure that your document is saved as a .JPG or .PNG file that is at least 820 pixels wide.
- Click on ‘Enter Now!’ in the main navigation or the button underneath your username in the profile page.
- Follow the steps set out in the entry form.
- Enter your work in the following categories: Visual Arts, Graphic Design or Multimedia. You may enter more than one category but note that you can only select one category per entry.
- Complete the online competition form and submit your artwork/s.
*Note: Your entry will be reviewed before it appears on the ‘Current Entries’ Page. Check in regularly to see if it was approved.
**Note: You may enter up to 5 of your best artworks.
- After receiving your entry, your works will be screened for hate speech and propaganda of violence against race, creed, gender or sexual orientation. Indecent works will not be accepted.
- Your works will be posted on the CTCA website and can be viewed on Young Creatives 2016 > 2016 Entries.
- Online voting opens 27 July 2016 at 14:00 and closes on 9 August 2016 at 22:00.
- Promote your entry on Facebook and Twitter and get your friends to vote via the website by clicking on the ‘Vote’ button found on your entry detail page.
- Users can only vote once for an entry every 24 hours.
- Submission of entries closes: 26 July 2016 at 17:00.
- Online voting: 27 July 14:00 – 9 August at 22:00.
- Study bursary shortlist published on the CTCA website: 12 August at noon.
- Interviews with shortlisted entrants: 15 & 16 August.
- Winners to be announced on the CTCA website: 19 August at noon.