Young Creatives Awards 2017
WHO MAY ENTER?
- Any young creative person that enthusiastically engages with art-making processes and design thinking.
- Participants must be between 17 and 21 of age on the date of submitting their artworks online.
- Please note that current CTCA students are not allowed to enter this competition.
- Simply follow the steps set out under Submission Process below.
AWARDS & PRIZES
Award name: The CTCA Young Creatives 2017
- First prize: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R25 000-00 will be awarded to an exceptional entry in any of the following categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia for Grade 12 learners.
- Runner-up: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R20 000-00 will be awarded to the runner-up that has entered any of the categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia for Grade 12 learners.
- Third prize: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R15 000-00 will be awarded to the third best entrant in any of the categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia for Grade 12 learners.
Award name: The CTCA Young Creatives Post-Matric 2017
[An entrant must be under the age of 21 on the day of submitting his/her artwork.]
- Prize: A CTCA study bursary to the value of R20 000-00 will be awarded to an exceptional entry in any of the categories – Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia.
Award name: Public Vote Awards
Prizes: One R1000-00 cash prize will be awarded to the winner in each of the following categories:
- Visual Arts Grade 11
- Design Grade 11
- Multimedia Grade 11
- Visual Arts Grade 12
- Design Grade 12
- Multimedia Grade 12
RULES FOR ENTERING
- All artworks submitted must be the entrant’s own original work. A maximum of 5 artworks per category may be entered.
- All entries are subject to a selection process and the CTCA has the right to decline any artworks that condone hate speech and propaganda of violence against race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- It is at the sole discretion of the CTCA to decide in which categories the Study Bursary prizes will be awarded.
- Prizes will be awarded to individuals that show exceptional artistic talent and creative potential.
- Artworks must be uploaded by 1 August 2017 at 21:00. Artworks submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
- Once your artworks have been submitted, you will not be able to modify them whatsoever.
- Your artworks will be published on the CTCA website and/or social media platforms, and might also be shown during specific exhibitions.
- In the event of a draw in the Public Vote category, the winner will be determined at the sole discretion of the CTCA.
- Plagiarised, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- The CTCA’s decision on all matters pertaining to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Works are judged individually based on concept, use of material, quality of craftsmanship and skill demonstrated.
- Winners will be notified via email and sms and their names will also be displayed on the Young Creatives page on the CTCA website.
- No royalties will be paid in the framework of this competition.
- Awards may not be exchanged for cash.
- Study bursaries are only valid for the year 2018.
- Study bursaries/awards are not transferable.
- In order to be considered for a study bursary you need to enter at least 5 artworks.
- A shortlist of deserving entries for winning a study bursary will be compiled and published on the CTCA website on 16 August at 12:00. These entrants must meet the selection requirements for study at the CTCA. The shortlisted entrants must be available between 17 & 18 August for Skype/telephonic/personal interviews.
- Winners will be announced on the Young Creatives page on the CTCA website on 21 August at 12:00.
- Visual Arts (sculptural works, ceramics items, textile projects, photographs, drawings, illustrations, paintings)
- Design (product design, packaging design, corporate identity)
- Multimedia (2D /3D/stop-motion animation projects, videos and digital designs, NOT mixed media projects)
- Create an account by clicking on ‘Register’ either in the top header of the site or the ‘Young Creatives’ drop down menu.
- Fill out all the required fields. Make sure you supply valid contact details in order to be eligible.
- Once your registration has been accepted you will be able to login and enter.
- Digitise your artwork. The artwork must be well photographed or scanned to reflect the technical skill and professional execution. For best display results ensure that your document is saved as a .JPG or .PNG file that is at least 820 pixels wide. Save your video as mp4.
- Click on ‘Enter Now!’ in the main navigation or the button underneath your username in the profile page.
- Follow the steps set out in the entry form.
- Enter your work into any of the following categories: Visual Arts, Design or Multimedia.
- You may enter up to 5 artworks per category.
- You may enter more than one category but note that an artwork can only be entered into one category. The same artwork cannot be entered into more than one category.
- Complete the online competition form and submit your artwork/s.
*Note: Your entry will be reviewed before it appears on the ‘Current Entries’ Page. Check in regularly to see if it was approved.
- After receiving your entry, your works will be screened for hate speech and propaganda of violence against race, creed, gender or sexual orientation. Indecent works will not be accepted.
- Your works will be posted on the Young Creatives page on the CTCA website and can be viewed on Young Creatives > 2017 Entries.
- Online voting opens 2 August 2017 at 12:00 and closes on 14 August 2016 at 12:00.
- Promote your entry on Facebook and Twitter and get your friends to vote via the website by clicking on the ‘Vote’ button found on your entry detail page.
- A person can vote for an entry once every 24 hours.
- Submission of entries closes: 1 August 2017 at 21:00.
- Online voting: 2 August at 12:00 – 14 August at 12:00.
- Study bursary shortlist published on the CTCA website: 16 August at 12:oo.
- Interviews with shortlisted entrants: 17 & 18 August.
- Winners to be announced on the CTCA website: 21 August at 12:00.